Do you find your basement flooding during the rainy season? Or is the room always damp regardless of your efforts to keep the place dry? It is best to hire a basement waterproofing Mississauga service, to inspect the place.An expert can clearly see what is lacking in a basement to require waterproofing. This is the reason why an expert in basement waterproofing is essential to your property. A minor problem with the foundation can lead to leakage that poses significant risks to humans.
Flooding and wetness in the basement are significant signs you need a waterproofing company to assess your property. In addition, the existence of molds, patchy surfaces, and a stinging smell are signs that water is seeping into the basement. Whenever you identify the signs, immediately seek waterproofing service to avoid the problem from escalating. However, it would be best not to panic as a professional can keep your foundation stable for safety. But, solving the issue as soon as you identify the signs eliminates the risk for peace of mind, and it saves you the higher costs if you do it later.
Identifying the Problem
Knowing the cause of water penetrating the basement helps technicians know the method to solve the problem. Some of the common factors contributing to the issue are;
- Ineffective systems: when the existing waterproofing system is in bad condition, it will not prevent rainwater from penetrating the basement. Still, the gutters will need to function appropriately to lead water away from the exterior walls and foundation.
- The landscape: the area adjacent to your house should lead water away from the property to prevent flooding and water seepage. Proper landscaping can solve the issue.
- Cracks in walls lead to water penetration in the basement. Still, low windows will let in excess runoff water when it rains heavily.
- Sewerage system deterioration: if you find a foul smell in the basement and the room is damp, you probably have a problem with the sewer lines.
Regardless of the cause to water penetration in the flooding, it is best to consider expert waterproofing Mississauga service providers for the tasks. Experienced companies will have technicians with the right skills and tools depending on your need.
What to Do
Although some blogs will focus on gutter repair and maintenance for basement waterproofing, it is not a sole factor or the most significant one to consider. Professional companies offer valuable solutions to your waterproofing needs. As stated earlier, the cause is a factor, and so is the damage. Since there may be several risk factors, it is advisable to opt for several approaches to get the best results.
A basement waterproofing Mississauga company can inspect your property for the factors and offer you a report. The findings will determine the action to take. The options include;
- Interior system: the option is cheaper and easier to accomplish than the alternative. It is ideal for minor issues or the unavailability of exterior waterproofing techniques for your problem. The options include installing sump pumps, integrating them in drainage systems and sealing small cracks on the surfaces.
- Exterior system: if you want a long term solution select this option. The work is intensive, and it involves altering the existing structure to install waterproofing systems.