Of all your kitchen appliances, your cooktop is likely the most important when it comes to cooking your favourite meals. Without a cooktop that works properly, it may be pretty difficult to cook your famous homemade soup.
No matter how essential, cooktops could require repair just like any other appliance. When your cooktop has developed some unavoidable issues, it may be time to call experts in cooktop repair. Here are some of the most common electric cooktop problems you may experience, and how to troubleshoot those errors.
Understanding how your cooktop operates may help you find the cause of the defect in your cooktop. Troubleshooting efforts can be made to identify the problem and begin finding methods of cooktop repair.
- If your cooktop isn’t coming on: Check your breakers and power supply. When the power is off, make sure your appliance is plugged in correctly. If it is, the issue could be from a faulty outlet.
- If one of your burners isn’t working: Make sure the heating element is connected correctly. If it’s displaced or damaged, the heating coils may need to be replaced. Otherwise, check the burner switch and make sure the wires are connected properly and are undamaged.
Your cooktop should be working perfectly to use it safely and efficiently. The common problems with electric cooktops can include:
- Electric coils are not heating – coil problems might be caused by connection issues between the cooktop and the coils. Improperly replacing the coils after you clean could cause some connectivity issues leading to this issue.
- Sparks coming from the cooktop – this can be caused by issues with the heating element connections. This is very dangerous and could be deadly if not handled properly.
- Cooktop won’t turn on – as mentioned above, this could be caused by issues with the cooktop not being plugged in or getting enough power supply.
- Indicator lights won’t come on – different cooktops have different displays and indicator lights. If they don’t come on, it could be caused by a defective control switch or light bulb.
To avoid harmful consequences, it’s best to hire a professional cooktop repair company. You should find a reputable business experienced with your brand of the cooktop and the issues you have with it.