Many homes worldwide are slowly but steadily realizing that solar power is a great energy source. As they reap the rewards of solar energy, the popularity of solar panels increases exponentially. In residential properties, solar power is not only for lighting purposes. If you do not know yet, here are more residential solar power uses in homes.
Residential uses of solar power
Nearly everything you do inside your home requires electricity. But many homeowners do not realize utility costs have peaks and valleys. Many people consume more electricity during peak hours; thus, the cost of providing electricity during these times (four in the afternoon until nine in the evening) is higher. Type solar installers near me Doncaster in your browser to learn more about the residential uses of solar power. Here are some of the common residential uses of solar you may not realize.
- Provide electricity for home appliances. This first item is one of the most common ways to use solar power. You need electricity to use your appliances and perform most household tasks. Solar electricity is better because it is cost-effective and easy to access.
- Water heating. You can have solar water heaters. It is more economical since you use hot water to do various chores such as cooking, bathing, cleaning utensils, and washing clothes. The solar heater harnesses the heat from the sun and transfers it to a water tank where the system heats the water.
- Heating the home. You need to make your house warm during the cold weather season. Heating a home is expensive, and having solar heaters positioned in strategic locations within your home will ensure that you can adequately heat your entire house in winter.
- Support for an HVAC system. When the hot weather conditions peak, your HVAC system overworks. If you are looking for solutions to support your HVAC system, you can have solar attic fans to cool your home. This is a good option if installing a whole solar panel on your roof is impossible.
- Lighting your home. There is nothing more common than solar power lighting up your home. You can have solar lights in almost every part of your home. You can use solar lights for perimeter security, garage, landscape, garden, and inside your home. The good news is you pay less, even if you have more lighting needs, with solar energy.
- Portable solar power source.Most portable devices require electricity to function, and today you can have portable solar chargers to use on phones, tablets, and other mobile devices. They work like power banks, although you can only charge the chargers with solar power.
- Cook food. You can now purchase the appropriate solar cookers to cook meals using solar energy. A solar cooker enables you to cook any food easily. You can now find tube cookers, parabolic cookers, box ovens, and panel cookers.
- Solar clothes dryers. As many people know, drying clothes on rainy days is difficult. But with solar clothes dryers, you can dry your clothes faster and cost-effectively.
You’ll be surprised at the number of residential solar power uses in your home. You will discover them if you have solar panels on your roof and invest in other solar-power tools and devices that make life easier.