Are you sick of your same old living room setup? Do you want to change things up without spending too much money? We have a practical and economical solution for you!
You can easily upgrade your living room by mounting your TV! This is a practical way to change the look of your living room, since mounting your TV has several benefits, such as:
- A mounted TV looks sleeker
- It improves your living space but also offers a better viewing angle
- You also save money since you do not have to purchase a TV console!
- In case you already have a TV console you can get rid of it and open up space in your living room which is an additional upgrade!
You may now be wondering how the TV mounting process works and how you can get it done. The great thing is that you have the option of either doing it yourself at home or hiring professionals.
We will discuss both options in detail here:
The DIY Method
Yes, it’s very much possible to mount a TV on your own! However, it is important to be careful and prepared! You can follow these steps for the installation process:
- Decide where you would like to mount the TV. Make sure the wall is central and has studs. Make sure to pick your location carefully since removing your TV and remounting is a lot of work and can also ruin your wall.
- Get a stud finder and locate the studs on your wall and then mark these locations with a pencil or tape
- Drill pilot holes into the stud marks and install mounting screws
- Drill the screws into the pilot holes and then fix the mounting bracket into place using these screws
- Open the attachment holes at the back of your TV and carefully fix your TV onto the mounting bracket. Make sure you handle your TV with a lot of care because a small misstep can prove to be costly
- You have now successfully mounted your TV!
While these steps are simple to follow, here are some other things you should keep in mind:
- Make sure to use a stud finder and mount your TV on studs! Installing it directly on drywall is a bad idea as drywall cannot handle the weight of TVs and your TV will eventually end up on the floor and get damaged.
- Plan a way to conceal the cords. While mounting your TV can upgrade your living room, a tangled mess of cords can ruin the setup and make it look messy. So either get a power outlet directly behind your TV or use a cord-hiding kit to camouflage the cords and wires!
- Also, make sure you have all the tools you’ll need. Some essentials you should definitely have are a stud-finder, a drill, mounting screws, and a screwdriver.
While this guide covers everything you need to know about mounting a TV yourself, you may not feel comfortable doing it yourself, especially if you have never done this before. If you do not have experience with handiwork and also don’t have the tools available at home, in this case, you can always hire a professional to get the work done!
TV mounting experts at TV Install Atlanta in the Atlanta area can help you out!
Benefits of Hiring a Professional
Let’s talk a bit more about the advantages of hiring an expert to mount your TV:
- By hiring an expert, they will take care of handling the TV, planning out the process, and bringing the tools
- You can simply rely on the professionals and let them do the work while you relax!
- The experts atTV Install Atlantacan carry out the process fast
- Professionals handle your TV with immense care so you don’t have to worry about any mishandling or accidents
- The experts at TV Install Atlanta are available 7 days a week which means you can easily utilize your weekend to get this work done!
- They also offer same-day services so you can call them up and get the work done ASAP.
- They will cater to your specific TV, mounting type, and space. With years of expertise, they can offer well-thought-out solutions.
- It’s their job to ensure the TV actually looks good in your living room and feels like an upgrade
If you decide to get the standard installation package, they will do everything from unpacking the TV to installation to hiding the cables! They will even help you connect any streaming consoles and services you want. This package essentially provides you with a complete setup and makes your life easier.
Upgrade Your Living Room Today!
Mounting a TV is a practical and easy way to upgrade your living room. It not only elevates your TV viewing experience but also makes your living room look more sleek and elegant.
The great thing about mounting a TV is that you can do it yourself too! As long as you are careful and follow our guide, you can successfully get the job done at home!
However, hiring a TV installation expert can be the safer option. Their services will put you at ease and get the job done. You won’t have to worry about small details like locating studs or concealing cords!
You simply have to call the expert and then enjoy your favorite shows and movies on the mounted TV!