Covid-19 forever changed the social dynamics of the world. The quarantine paralyzed almost all activities for a period of time, but what did remain were the moving plans, under the terms of the contracts signed for the date.
In addition, the period of confinement ended many relationships. Divorces and separations shot up because many people didn’t resist spending so much time together and locked up.
To this unprecedented terrible situation is added the stress of moving, so starting a process in these times is even more complicated.
With fewer restrictions and a more fluid dynamic, as American citizens adapt to any situation, the task of moving is possible just by complying with medical recommendations.
Reasons for taking health measures
The handwashing steps have become a contemporary mantra, much needed by the severity of the virus that originated in Wuhan, China. The reason is that this condition can be fatal.According to the World Health Organization, Covid-19 is an infectious disease caused by the newly discovered coronavirus and is a pandemic affecting many countries.
The most common symptoms are fever, dry cough, sneezing, nasal congestion, tiredness, loss of smell and taste. However, there are reports of people with headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhea, rash, and color changes in their fingers and toes.
In the United States alone, as of mid-January 2021, more than 95 million cases had been reported, with 52.9 million people recovered and 2.05 million deaths.
Statistics show that 1 in 5 people who contract the virus end up with a severe condition that leads to difficulty breathing, while older people and those who have previous medical conditions such as cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or lung problems can fall into severe conditions. This does not mean that a healthy person does not end up in a very sick hospital bed or die; many young people, who have no previous pathologies lose the battle against coronavirus.
In short, it becomes vital to be cautious, wear a mask, wash your hands well and comply with social distancing.
Planning of the move
Many of the actions you can take to avoid getting this virus in the middle of a move are helpful even if you don’t have to move from one place to another with your belongings.
It is also important to know that you may get Covid-19 again, so please consider that:
- You should have a bottle of alcohol with a sprinkler on hand to apply to the surfaces you will touch before, during and after the move. Reports from experts who have studied the virus state that the virus particle has a lifetime, pay attention:
– Metal, like pomos, jewelry and cutlery: five days.
– Wood, as furniture or planks: four days.
– Plastics, such as containers, detergent bottles, elevator buttons: two or three days.
– Stainless steel, such as refrigerators, pots, pans, dishes, among others: two to three days.
– Cardboard, as moving packing boxes: 24 hours.
– Glasslike glasses, cups, mirrors up to five days.
Note: Chlorine is also an ally in keeping the coronavirus at bay. Use it when necessary and on surfaces that will not deteriorate due to the action of the liquid.
- Prepare a checklist with what you will need to carry out the move. In this way you can buy everything in a day without risking going several times, exposing yourself to places where there may be people infected.
- If you hire a moving company, make sure they meet biosafety standards. They should have their own implements to ensure that they will not spread the virus.
Regularly disinfect the surfaces you touch.
Wear gloves before, during, and after moving in. You can change them when you consider it necessary and remember to dispose of them in sealed plastic bags.
- Avoid getting too many people together indoors, such as the house you are moving from or the house you are moving to. It also applies if it is a corporate move.
- Avoid buying boxes where you will pack your belongings in supermarkets or shops. If you have no other options, remember to disinfect them with alcohol or chlorine.
Note: If you usually had to organize the move in time, in times of coronavirus you should do it several days in advance.
Finally, it is worth insisting on considering hiring a company to help you with this heavy work. The coronavirus has generated psychological problems in millions of people because they are facing an uncertain future, a circumstance that would be aggravated with all the stress that comes with a move.
Hiring this type of service reduces the time of transfer of their objects and the time and energy they have to spend doing all these activities, therefore they don’t compromise their health so much.