When it comes time to replace your garage door in Manchester or anywhere else for that matter, there are a few key questions you need to ask yourself before making a purchase. Probably the most important of these is what purpose you want your garage door to serve. Are you looking for something that offers increased security or maybe a garage door that gives your home more kerb appeal? So, if you are ready to replace your existing garage door we thought we’d have a look at some of the questions you should ask yourself before making your purchase.
What Type of Garage Door Are You Looking For?
There are a number of different options when it comes to buying a garage door, and a good place to start is by deciding what material you want it to be made from. When buying a new garage door you can choose from a variety of materials such as wood, steel, fibreglass, composite wood or aluminium. The type of material you decide on can often depend on what you want from your garage door, but they all come in a variety of colours and designs meaning there will be something for all tastes.
What Size of Garage Door do you Need?
When ordering a new garage door, it is important to consider the size of the door you need. The size of your garage will determine the size of the door you need. Most garages are single-car garages, but there are also double-car and triple-car garages. If you have a single-car garage, you will need a door that is 7 feet or 8 feet wide. If you have a double-car garage, you will need a door that is 14 feet or 16 feet wide. If you have a triple-car garage, you will need a door that is 22 feet wide.
Keep in mind that the size of your garage door may also be affected by the type of garage door you choose. For example, if you choose an up and over garage door, it will be narrower than a traditional garage door. So be sure to consider all of your options before making a purchase.
What is Your Budget?
One important question to consider when purchasing a new garage door is what your budget is. Garage doors can range in price from a couple of hundred pounds to a couple of thousand, so it’s important to set a budget before you start shopping. There are many places where you can find deals on new garage doors. Shopping online or at local home improvement stores are both good options. Be sure to compare prices before making a purchase.
It’s also important to remember that installation costs will vary depending on who installs the door. Make sure to get quotes from several companies before making a decision.
What Features Do You Want Your Garage Door to Have?
When shopping for a new garage door, it’s important to consider the features you want it to have. Some of the most popular features include:
- Remote Control: A remote control allows you to open and close your garage door from anywhere in your home. This is a convenient feature if you have a lot of items stored in your garage or if you don’t want to have to get out of your car to open the garage door.
- Insulation: An insulated garage door can help keep your garage warm in the winter and cool in the summer, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Windows: Windows allow natural light into your garage and also give it a more spacious feel.
- Non-Slip Surface: A non-slip surface is important if you plan to use your garage as a workshop or if you have pets that like to run around in the garage.
- Security: A security system can help protect your belongings by preventing people from opening your garage door without your permission.
There are obviously other things that you will need to take into account if you are looking for a new garage door, however, if you use the list above as a starting point you will not go far wrong.