Sofas have their own styles and history. These are not just soft pillows and rigid frames joined together, some of them have a real aristocratic pedigree, others were invented specifically for mass production at affordable prices, and still all of them have a unique look.
The English rolled arm style
The English style sofa design is a special version of the family sofa with rounded armrests. If you are creating an interior in English or neoclassical style, it will suit you perfectly.
Characteristic features of the English style sofa:
- The English sofa has a dense, predominantly monochromatic upholstery in natural colours: beige, brown, green, yellow.
- Dense rigid fabric is most often used for corner sofa
- The English sofa with rounded armrests has a classic shape that will never go out of style.
English rolled arm style contemporary Sofas has a universal appearance, which allows it to fit into almost all existing interior designs.
The Chesterfield style
Chesterfield style sofa appeared in the 18th century thanks to Lord Philip Stanhope, who was the 4th Earl of Chesterfield. He dreamed of furniture on which he could sit with maximum comfort without fear of wrinkling suits.
Characteristics of the Chesterfield style sofa:
- It is known for its distinctive quilted button pattern.
- It is made mainly of natural leather of brown, black, and reddish-brown colour. Recently, Chesterfield style sofa is used in interior design with velvet or flock upholstery in deep and sensual shades: purple, dark blue, emerald, burgundy, black or fuchsia.
- It has rounded armrests and a backrest, stands on wooden legs and is decorated using the capitonné technique.
Chesterfield sofas are used not only for English interiors but also for decorating interiors in the style of art deco, steampunk, grunge, and industrial.
The Camelback style
Camelback style sofa is a great choice for lovers of elegant things. It got its original name from the curved back, which resembles the back of a camel.
Characteristic features of the Camelback style sofa:
- It is elegant in appearance and small in size.
- It is most often used with velvet or flock upholstery.
- The design is characterised by flowing lines, a curved back like the hump of a camel.
Camelback style sofa fits into the eclectic trends of Scandinavian style, retro and vintage interiors. It can also be used in the Parisian, English or American style apartment interiors.
The Hamptons style
Hamptons style sofas are large and classically shaped with a minimalist yet elegant design. Particular attention is paid to practicality and naturalness. Linen or cotton of light shades such as white or gray are used for upholstery. Sofas must be complemented with soft pillows in bright colours: blue, pomegranate, emerald. Besides aesthetics, comfort is also very important. Such soft sofas allow you to rest for hours and recuperate after a busy day.
Characteristic features of the Hamptons style sofa:
- The Hamptons style sofa is designed for maximum comfort.
- It looks light and comfortable without over-decoration – simplicity is a key.
- It has low rise, soft shapes and smooth lines in the design. Hamptons style sofas are loved for their neat and cozy appearance.
Hamptons style sofas by OneWorld fits perfectly into traditional and modern interiors.
The Scandinavian style
Scandinavian style sofas can be easily recognised by their appearance. It is a harmonious combination of minimalistic design and elements of the retro spirit. Scandinavian style sofas are very comfortable. The upholstery of a Scandinavian style sofa is usually artificial and durable, practical, and is easily removable. It can be made of blue, gray, gray-blue, ash gray, white shades and pastel colours.
Characteristic features of the Scandinavian style sofa:
- It has a logical design, minimal decor, simple shapes and natural colours.
- It is made from natural materials.
- Some models are equipped with storage systems.
The Scandinavian style sofa fits well with most modern and traditional interiors.
The Knole style
The Knole style sofas got its name from the English country house Knole, whose owners asked furniture makers to customise classic designed sofas.
Character features of Knole style sofa:
- The height of armrests can be equal to the height of the back. This element makes sofas as comfortable and very elegant as possible.
- The Knole style sofa has a very conservative appearance, which is why it is rarely used in modern apartments.
It looks best in classic designs and English-style interiors.
The Tuxedo style
The Tuxedo-style sofa appeared in the early 1920s in the village of Tuxedo Park, New York and was made famous by interior designer Billy Baldwin. This is a kind of realization of the ambitions of millionaires who dreamed of surrounding themselves with the most expensive and stylish things.
Characteristic features of theTuxedo-style sofa:
- It has a stylish look that has to sacrifice some comfort.
- The design is characterised by a rectangular shape and a straight back of the sofa, which is located at an angle of 90 degrees in relation to the seat.
The Tuxedo style sofa looks perfect in luxurious glamor and art deco designs. This furniture can also be used in more restrained interiors, the main thing is to correctly place accents.
A properly chosen sofa can set the tone for the entire design of a room. It is difficult to decide which type of sofa will suit your particular interior, so we hope that our review helped you understand the existing styles and choose the right sofa.