Introduction to bath fitters
Bath fitters are acrylic bathroom bathtubs and fittings that give an old traditional bathtub a new and modern look. It just overlays the old bathtub instead of removing it completely.
What are walk-in tubs?
Walk-in tubs are the modification of bathtubs. This is done to make the bathtub more convenient and safer to use for older adults, children and those who are dealing with physical disabilities and having low mobility. They have a watertight door that allows a person to enter inside without the need to step over the side. And that door shuts as the water fills inside. When you finish the shower, the water drains and you can exit safely.
Now that we are familiar with the walk-in tub so, let us take bath fitter walk-in tub reviews.
What are the features of walk-in tubs?
- Convenient entrance door – they have a watertight door that is made to allow to enter a person, and the door remains shut till the water remains inside.
- Suitable for elders and injured and disabled people – walk bathtubs have the unique feature of entering from the door instead of from the upside. Along with that, it has a chain space, which allows the user to take a shower conveniently and safely.
- Low-level seat – it has a chair-level seat to be seated and take a shower comfortably.
- Equipped with other accessories – it is equipped with necessary tools such as handles grab bard and has a handheld shower head to make the experience of shower worth it.
- Easy to replace – walk-in tubs are easy to replace as compared to other modern bathtubs as they create less mess or damage. Also, they are of the same size as regular bathtubs, which makes the installation as quick as just one day.
- Safe to use – they have an anti-slip coating to avoid accidents. Along with it, they have extra features like grab bars, side rails, and towel holders, which make them more accessible and convenient to use.
- Health benefits – they not only make bathing safe and convenient but also improve overall health in several ways. Overall, it serves many therapeutic benefits.
- Such as – relief from conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, rheumatism, general muscles or joint pain and stiffness, etc.
- It also improves blood circulation, which leads to increased mobility and decreases pain.
- They are also stress relievers, which help improve the quality of sleep with soothing hot baths, hydrotherapy and massage features.
What are the disadvantages of walk-in tubs?
- More expensive – walk-in tubs are more expensive than regular bathtubs are they require extra modifications and accessories for installation, which can cost around $2000 to $5000.
- Installation may be challenging – its installation needs extra plumbing and electrical work, which will make the installation challenging. You will need experienced fitters for this work. Also, they will need a sound drainage system for draining the water.
- More water usage – they will require more water as compared to the traditional bathtubs. It will need approx—50 gallons of water for one-time use.
- Water heater – it may require a water heater for colder regions and for the people who love hot showers or those who are using it for therapeutic purposes.
Walk-in tub installing
Walk-in tubs take just one day to install. They require less demolition, so they create less mess and need less renovation work. They are low cost, and their installation will also have less hassle. You can add extra accessories as per your budget and convenience.
Bottom line – is it worth getting a walk-in bathtub?
Overall, if you are looking for a safer and more comfortable bathing experience, and most importantly, if you have older adults in your home, then you must go for it as they are safe to use with high walls, non-slip floor and a built-in seat with grab bards. It is an excellent choice for anyone having limited mobility. By using these tubs, they can be self-dependent.
On the other side, they can be expensive and challenging to install and may cost you around $2000 or more for professional installation services.
Walk-in bathtubs are convenient and safe options, especially for those who have limited physical mobility or elderly adults. They come with the unique feature of having a water-seal door, which only opens when the water drains out, and they have a built-in seat at the chair level, also. They come up with additional accessories to make them more convenient. Along with lots of advantages, they have a few disadvantages too, such as they are expensive and have tricky installation also they use more water as compared to other traditional bathtubs.
I hope now you are well known about walk-in tub reviews. I hope it is helpful for you. If you still have queries, then you can comment them down we will try to revert them as soon as possible.