A dishwasher is a common household appliance used for automatically cleaning and sanitizing utensils. And it is designed so that it makes the household chores every continent.
Are you also using a dishwasher in your home? Sometimes, your dishwasher might stop working and then start flashing a red light. And now you are worried about why it is happening and what should be the next step that you have to take.
If you are also facing such an issue, then you have arrived at the right place. In this article, you will get to know about what significant steps that you can take to stop your Bosch dishwater from flashing red light.
Let us take a look at the reasons why the Bosch dishwasher flashing red light and what can you do to stop it.
What is the meaning of the Bosche dishwasher flashing red light, and how you can resolve it?
1. Door latch or closure issues:
Dishwashers do not show door latch or closer issues as they are designed to operate with a water-tight seal when the door is closed. It can only happen if the dishwasher door is not securely closed or latched.
Possible issue with door latch or closure
1. Door not latched properly: a door latch is a mechanical component that keeps the door of the dishwasher in place. If the dishwasher door does not latch or close properly, it hampers the application from starting and can be very dangerous. To prevent the issue, you can check for any obstructions in the door’s path, like utensils or any debris that might be stuck, preventing it from closing correctly.
Problem fix: ensure that the door is securely closed; you can also check for obstructions in the spray arms or filters of the dishwasher, such as food particles, utensils, or debris that might be stuck. Usually, the machine is designed in such a way to work only when the door is closed. If the latch is completely broken, then you will have to replace it.
2. Door Leaking or popping: A fault in the door seal or gasket may cause water to leak during the water cycle. If there is water pooling on the floor near the dishwasher, it could be a sign of a door seal issue. If there is a problem related to the door opening during the cycle, it may be because of the broken latch or a problem associated with the closure mechanism.
Problem fix: inspect for any leakage, and if found, then repair it as soon as possible.
2. Water supply or inlet:
The water supply or inlet plays a significant role in the normal functioning of a dishwasher. If there are issues related to water supply, it can impact the dishwasher’s performance in several ways.
Possible issues related to the water supply of the inlet can be :
1. Insufficient or no water: if there is insufficient or no supply of water, then it will surely hamper the normal functioning of the dishwasher, and the dishwasher may flash a red light.
Solution: sufficient water is necessary for the regular functioning of the dishwasher. The utensils to be cleaned must be wholly immersed in water. So you need to check the water level before keeping the utensils inside it.
2. Alteration in water temperature: the temperature of the supplied water that is being used in the dishwasher must be just right, neither too warm nor too cold.
Solution: Too much cold water will prevent the detergent from dissolving correctly, and if the temperature is too high, it could damage the parts of the dishwasher. So, the temperature should not be less than 12 degrees Celsius and not more than 54 degrees Celsius.
3. Water pressure: proper water pressure is a must for the normal functioning of the dishwasher. Too low pressure can lead to inadequate spray arm operation that will result in poor cleaning, and too high pressure can again damage the parts of the dishwasher and may cause leakage.
Solution: water pressure should be checked and should not be too much to hamper the functioning. The optimum pressure for the Bosch dishwasher should be between 20 to 120 pounds per square inch.
Drainage is responsible for the proper functioning of the machine because it removes the dirty water and food particles from the dishwasher during the washing and rinsing cycles.
If the drainage system is clogged or malfunctioning, that can cause problems in cleaning efficiently, it can leave behind food particles and detergent residue on dishes and may reduce the quality of the wash.
Solution: Ensure the drain hose and pump are clear of blockage or debris. A clogged drain may also trigger errors in codes.
If you are noticing any issues with the drainage system, address them promptly to avoid more significant problems with your dishwasher.
A well-maintained drainage system can prevent:
- 1. Prevent clogs
- 2. Extend the lifespan of the dishwasher
- 3. It helps to maintain the odor control
Other ways to resolve the flashing red light problem:
1. Check for fundamental issues:
You may unknowingly find that the dishwasher door is open. So, you must ensure that the door is securely closed; you can also check for obstructions in the spray arms or filters of the dishwasher, such as food particles, utensils, or debris that might be stuck.
2. Restart the dishwasher:
if even after many attempts, your dishwasher is flashing a red light, remove all the dishes and try to run your dishwasher empty. You have to turn it off and wait a few minutes, then turn it back on for minor glitches.
3. Reset the dishwasher:
If the problem continues, perform a machine reset. Resetting the main control panel can prank the door latch sensor, and it may start working again. To reset the dishwasher, you just have to follow some simple steps.
steps to reset the control panel –
- Step 1 : start button – you will find the start button on the control panel. After locating it, press the “start” button for about three to four seconds. Then, the process of resetting will start.
- Step 2 : if the start button is not there – especially in older models, you will find the “drain” or the “cancel” button on the control panel. Press and hold any of these for three to four seconds.
- Step 3 : button sequencing – if pressing none of the above buttons is working, you may find the correct sequencing to reset your dishwasher. For that, you can refer to the internet and search for the particular model with the model number of the Bosch dishwasher. You have to type “button press sequence of _(model name)_.
4. Check for specific error codes:
Error codes may depend on the model and specific patterns of flashing lights. You can count the number of flashes and refer to your manual for further information. Count on Bosch customer support.
5. Run a test cycle:
you can initiate a short test cycle that helps to observe the dishwasher’s behavior. You have to pay attention to any unusual noises, water leakage, or any other issues during the cycle.
6. Consult the user manual:
If you can not resolve this issue on your own, you can also consult Bosch customer support or a qualified technician for further help. Technicians can help to know the cause and fix the errors.
If your Bosche dishwasher is flashing red light, then there can be various reasons, such as there could be a problem with the door latch mechanism due to which the door is not closing correctly, or there could be issues with the water supply as the proper water supply is must, or some problems with the drainage system, some debris might be accumulated there.
To resolve such issues, firstly, you need to know the cause of the flashing red light and then plan further solutions accordingly.
You have to remember that exact steps may vary depending on the type and model of dishwasher you are using, so refer to your specific appliance manual for the most accurate troubleshooting guidance.
I hope this article was helpful for you and now you are well known about the causes and the solutions to why your Bosch dishwasher flashing red light. If you still have doubts, you can comment on them, and we will try to sort them out.
Frequently asked questions
Why does the dishwasher flash a red light?
As mentioned earlier, a flashing red light typically signifies a problem or error associated with the normal functioning of a dishwasher.
Common reasons for flashing red light on dishwasher might include :
- blocked or dirty filter.
- door not properly closed or latched
- water inlet or drainage issues
- malfunctioning of sensors.
What to do if the dishwasher flashes a red light?
Check the user manual, power cycle of the dishwasher, any blockage present, inspect the door and latch mechanism of the door, and check for all the sensors working properly and for proper water supply. If a blockage is seen, remove it and restart the dishwasher. If it needs to be more helpful, you can contact customer support.