If you are a coffeeholic and love to have coffee at any time of your day, then an espresso machine is the right thing to buy for you. A coffeemaker is a kitchen gadget that is used to brew coffee.
Now there are two types of espresso machines; commercial and regular. You must go for the ‘Home and Office’ espresso machine if you are a homeowner. But if you are looking for espresso machines on commercial fields, then home espresso machines will be a total waste.
Now let’s discuss both separately.
Commercial espresso machine
Commercial coffee machines for making cappuccinos in restaurants come in three sizes: two groups, three-group, and four groups. The majority of home espresso machines have only one group. The number of groups corresponds to the espresso machine’s capacity to make a certain number of coffees per hour.
The vast majority of restaurants would be well served by a domestic machine, given the number of coffee sales they make. Even the smallest two-group espresso machine, which can produce 70-120 cups each hour, is excessive, but you are correct in observing that many establishments choose the larger three- or four-group espresso machines.
Following is the reason why:-
- The espresso machine is the most apparent of all the thousands of dollars of equipment spent in a restaurant. When it comes to impressing people, size matters in life and in restaurants.
- Espresso machine manufacturers take considerable care to ensure that the functioning components of their espresso machines are contained in the most elegant ways, especially for the bigger 3-4 group machines, knowing that their machines will be ‘on exhibit.’ Restaurateurs select espresso machines based on how they will complement or add to the aesthetic and feel of their establishment, not on their capacity per hour.
- When a restaurant is being built, the decision of espresso machine is frequently made at the fit-out stage. Given that the price difference between a 2-group and a 3-group espresso machine is only negligible, it is a simple upsell for the espresso machine salesperson to offer the more impressive, more elegant, higher capacity machine to the restaurateur.
- The most expensive cup of coffee you’ll ever buy will be in a restaurant. Because the food is created on a machine that seems like it produces something that the restaurant customer could not possibly achieve on their home 1 group machine, the larger, more spectacular commercial equipment enable the restaurant to achieve these costs. If the coffee was brewed at the restaurant on the same 1 group equipment that the patron made cheaply at home, it would be considerably more difficult to offer high prices.
There is no such thing as the best espresso machine, but La Marzocco is perhaps the most well-known brand, designed primarily for professional use.
Following are some of the best espresso brands;-
- Slayer 2/3/4 Group
- La Marzocco Linea
- Breville The Oracle/ Oracle Touch / Dual Boile
- Nuova Simonelli
- La Spaziale Vivaldi
Regular Espresso Machine or Coffeemaker
There are a few critical characteristics to look for when purchasing a coffee maker. You want a coffee maker that creates hot, tasty coffee first and foremost. But there are a few more aspects to consider as well.
The following are some key elements to look for in a coffee maker:
- You’ll want to be able to regulate the temperature of your coffee so that it never becomes too hot or cold.
- You’ll need a high-capacity coffee maker if you’re brewing coffee for a large group of people.
- The shorter the brewing time, the better.
- You want an easy-to-clean coffee maker so you don’t have to spend a lot of time cleaning it.
- You should be able to use your coffee maker quickly and easily without having to mess with a lot of buttons and settings.
It’s worth paying attention to the following features and qualities when choosing an automatic coffee machine for the home:-
- The capacity of the water tank, the ability to clean systems automatically from coffee fat, etc.
- A method of changing the drink’s serving size and strength.
- The machine’s capacity and output
- The ability to simultaneously prepare two portions
Following are some of the advanced features of the coffeemaker:-
- Function of preheating
- Indicator of water level
- The “quick steam” feature. If your coffee maker has this feature, it will automatically switch from espresso to cappuccino.
- Automatic switch-off
Best regular espresso machines:-
- Wonderchef Regalia Espresso coffee maker
- Order Kakerm K96L
- Morphy Richards New Europa 800
- Get Budan Espresso Machine
Can we use an espresso machine to produce ordinary coffee?
No, you cannot make regular coffee with the espresso machine
Is it true that having a high-end espresso machine makes a difference?
A decent espresso machine will, in general, maintain a consistent temperature and pressure (9bar) during the extraction, which is critical when brewing espresso. The less expensive devices will be able to reach 9 bar pressure, but the pressure will fluctuate greatly.
What is the right amount to invest in an espresso machine?
Around $400 to $700. An excellent espresso machine for home usage will cost between $400 and $700, and it will brew delicious espresso with no effort. They do not, however, produce espresso, according to the majority of specialists and enthusiasts.
What are the three different kinds of espresso machines?
Pump-driven machines are now divided into three categories: semi-automatic, automatic, and super-automatic. There are differences in types of pumps, boilers, etc.