Many young people dream of continuing their education. Not everyone can afford to study at Oxford or Harvard: financial situation plays an important role. The cost of training, for example, in Australia, lies in the range of 15 thousand AUD (Australian dollars). There are 40 universities in Australia, 38 of which are state. Hence, getting an Australian visa for students is a wonderful opportunity for thousands of young minds! According to statistics, more than 160 thousand foreign students study here. The “Green Continent” is highly ranked among the universities of the British system that includes institutions of the US, Canada and the UK.
Preliminary difficulties for getting an Australia students visa
If you are planning to become a student in Australia, you should be ready to follow student visa Australia requirements, such as:
- In order to study in Australia, those who wish must obtain the prior consent of the authorities, and then – student visa forms Australia for the full period of study for the chosen course at the university. However, short-term, not exceeding 3 calendar months, training and education courses can be taken on a tourist visa. The student must also take an IELTS test of English proficiency prior to applying. For some categories of students, it is allowed to take TOEFL: it all depends on the country. The time from the date of passing the tests for these systems should not exceed 24 months from the date of delivery. Please note: the beginning of the school year in Australia is February.
Prior consent for an Australian visa for students is based on the prospective student’s overall assessment of the application submitted at the Australian Embassy or Consulate to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) representative.
What is included in the student visa forms Australia?
There is a list of required documents for the provision of Australian visa for students:
- completed application form (form 157A);
- documents confirming the payment of the visa fee;
- student photographs, passport form;
- a valid international passport and its copy (all pages);
- power of attorney to obtain an Australian passport;
- documents from Australian university confirming the student’s enrollment in the course;
- documents confirming the financial condition of the student (bank account, scholarship, etc.);
- diplomas and certificates of education in the home country;
- a certificate from the police of the home country about the student’s no criminal record;
- medical documents in accordance with international standards.
The list can be supplemented with the requirements for the provision of certain documents and certificates at the discretion of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). The processing time for a visa to study in Australia does not exceed 40 days.
Student visa Australia requirements for work
When you have all the documents, the last step is payment. Providing a financial document confirming the payment of the first year of study is one of the motivations for issuing an Australian students visa. After making the payment, the student usually receives an electronic notification about the provision of a student visa.
As for the work opportunities, Australian students are not prohibited from earning money. There is one limitation: work activity should not exceed 20 hours per week. At the end of the university course and receiving a diploma from a student, now a specialist, there is an opportunity to stay in the country for permanent residence, because Australia still has a shortage of high-educated professionals.Hence, obtaining Australian visa for students has lots of benefits and real chances to become an Australian resident in future. Try your luck and implement your wish as soon as possible!