You know that feeling you get when the heat is just too much to handle? You can’t sleep, your home feels like an oven, and it’s too hot for anything but a quick trip outside. That feeling will be more than familiar to anyone who lives in a high-temperature area or has experienced summer in their own backyard. Portable ACs provide relief from the scorching heat of summer with air conditioning that is easy and affordable to install anywhere at any time.
If you’re looking for some relief this year, keep on reading below for all the information about portable AC!
What is a portable AC?
A portable air conditioner is a self-contained machine that cools down the indoor space. If you’re looking for convenience, affordability, and versatility in your AC purchase, this is certainly an option to consider when shopping around. In addition, portable ACs are perfect if you live in a hot climate or want some relief from the summer heat while lounging by the pool on those sizzling days. With compact size and affordable price, portable ACs are the perfect solution for a whole range of heating and cooling needs.
Why should I buy a portable AC?
Portable ACs provide everything you need! One of the best things about portable ACs is that they can be easily transported, so they work well if you visit someone who lives in warmer weather but doesn’t have any type of cooling system installed at their home yet (or vice versa). You also get everything needed to install one in your own home, which is a huge plus because installing an AC can be costly and time-consuming.
What should I look for when buying?
Several elements come into play when deciding to buy a portable AC. These include everything from budget, power type, and size of the room to be cooled or heated.
- Power Type: There are three types of power sources for portable ACs – gas, electricity, and solar. Gas models work best indoors during the summer months when there’s plenty of sunlight, while electricity is recommended if you want continual cooling throughout the night or daytime hours without worrying about running out of propane (or other fuel)
- Cost: The price range for portable AC units varies greatly based on everything from size to make/model, but in general, most smaller units cost around $1000-$2000 while those that can cover up 500-600 sqft go anywhere from $3000-$5000. You can also shop around for budget air conditioners if you have a limited budget.
- Size: The size of the unit is important because it determines how much space you can cool down – so this will depend on how large your home, office, or studio is and what climatic conditions you live in (a hotter area might need more cooling power). For a small room inside or outside that measures up to about 100sqft, an 8000 BTU model should suffice but if you want something bigger than covers 500-600 sqft, consider investing in one with 24000 BTUs or more.
- Power: There are two main types of portable ACs – those that run on a generator or use electricity. Generators can be used anywhere there’s an outlet, and they’re much quieter than their electric counterparts, but the downside to them obviously has to lug everything around with you wherever you go. If you’re looking for an easy-to-install, simple solution that will work anywhere without any fussing about with cords or power outlets, then get one of those electric models and just plug it right in. They make everything so much easier!
- Budget: If money isn’t tight and your family has room for a larger model, then buying one of these will save quite a bit over time because it doesn’t need as many power outlets as an air conditioner would at home. But if budget is everything (or even close), then smaller models may be best since they don’t consume nearly as much energy while still providing great relief from the summer heat at lower costs per hour.
- Cooling capacity: This is measured in BTU per hour, which stands for British Thermal Units Per Hour. The higher the BTUs per hour, the more powerful your unit will be, and consequently, the faster it’ll cool down spaces that suffer from the heavy summer heat or those with high humidity levels. So if you live somewhere where temperatures get up into the hundreds, then look for an AC with at least 12000 BTUs per hour as this should cover most rooms comfortably without breaking a sweat!
Benefits of having a portable AC:
- You can put your AC wherever you want, and it doesn’t have to be near a power outlet.
- It won’t take up space in your home since there’s no installation required!
- If the generator is placed outside, then everything inside will stay cool even if the emergency lasts several days.
- You’ll be able to enjoy your home without breaking a sweat!
- If you’re living in a small apartment or just like to be on the go, then this is perfect for you! It’s easy and compact, so it doesn’t take up too much room.
- You can store your air conditioner away when not in use, and everything will stay cool until next time.
Different types of portable ACs that are available:
- Single-hose ac unit: These are the most basic type of portable AC and offer a good balance between cost, size, and performance. They’re designed for light cooling needs that typically last up to 12 hours per day. The single-hose ac unit is the best choice for people living in a small home or apartment.
- Double-hose ac unit: More powerful than single-hose units, these air conditioners are designed to provide sustained cooling over extended periods of time. They’re also intended for more strenuous demands like managing large homes and providing cool relief on very hot days with high humidity levels. These models cost more, but if you need them, then they work wonders!
Buying a portable AC is a great choice for anyone who is looking to cool down their home and save on energy costs this summer. There’s never been an easier way to beat the heat!