A bathtub is the most important component to consider when renovating a bathroom. With so many options and styles in the market, homeowners can spend months finding the perfect tub that gives them a spa-like feel at home.
Essentially, soaking tubs are the perfect choice for people looking to build a private sanctuary in their bathrooms. But what is the cost of an average soaking tub? Continue reading to find out!
What Factors Go Into the Cost of a Soaking Tub Installation
Essentially, the homeowner’s personal choices will determine the final price of the installation process.
- Tub size and style: The size and style or style of the tub will impact its installation cost. A larger and more high-tech tub will be more expensive to install than a smaller and simpler one.
- Demolition: The contractor may charge extra if the current bathroom needs to be demolished.
- Plumbing: The bathroom’s plumbing should be able to accommodate the new tub. If that’s not possible, a plumber will be required to change the bathroom floor and plumbing plan. This will add to the overall cost of installation.
- Electrical: In most cases, the services of an electrician will also be required to run new wiring for the soaking tub.
- Labor: The labor involved in installing a soaking tub can vary depending on the project’s complexity. More complex installation projects require more experienced and expensive labor.
- Materials: The materials required for the installation project also contribute to the total installation cost.
How Much Should Homeowners Expect To Spend On a Soaking Tub
Soaking tubs are striking to look at. Their aesthetic charm makes them the centerpiece in any bathroom. In addition to their aesthetic appeal, the tubs also serve a great function of helping homeowners enjoy a relaxing bath. As a result, the cost of soaking tubs does vary, depending on the size, material, and features.
Soaking tubs come in a variety of sizes. The most popular size is the standard six-foot tub. However, smaller and larger options are also available. The tub size impacts the price, with larger tubs being more expensive.
Soaking tubs are made from a variety of materials, including acrylic, fiberglass, cast iron, and even wood. The most expensive option is usually the cast iron soaking tubs, followed by the wooden tubs. Acrylic and fiberglass soaking tubs are typically the most affordable options.
The features of the tub will also play a role in the price. Some soaking tubs come with built-in heaters, jets, or massage functions. These added features can hike up the cost of soaking tubs.
On average, homeowners can expect to pay around $2000 to $20000 for a high-quality tub. The final price is determined by the brand, material, size, and features integrated into the soaking tub.
The Benefits of Having a Soaking Tub At Home
A soaking tub is a great addition to any home. Here are the top 5 benefits of installing a soaking tub:
Soaking Tubs Can Help A Person Relax and De-Stress
Soaking in a warm water tub can help relax muscles and relieve tension. This can lead to reduced stress levels and an improved sense of well-being.
Soaking Tubs Can Improve Circulation
Soaking in a tub of warm water can help to improve blood circulation. This can aid in the healing process of injuries and reduce stiffness and joint pain.
Soaking Tubs Can Help To Soothe Aches
The warmth of the water can help to soothe any aches and pain a person might be experiencing. This is especially beneficial for individuals who suffer from medical conditions, such as arthritis or fibromyalgia.
Soaking Tubs Can Give a Better Night’s Sleep
Soaking in a tub of warm water before bed can help you to sleep better. This is because the water’s heat can help relax the muscles and relieve any pain or stiffness that a person may be experiencing.
Soaking Tubs Can Increase the Value of a Home
Having a soaking tub can also increase the home’s resale value. This is because potential buyers will see it as a luxurious feature they enjoy having in their own homes.
Homeowners looking for a luxurious addition to their homes can consider investing in a soaking tub. Although these tubs are a little expensive, they can add immense value and comfort to the home. They can also increase property value, making the investment worth the cost!