Interior design has grown really big nowadays. It’s kind of a new profession now but it has become really popular with many people. More and more people are studying interior design to become a successful interior designer.
What is interior design?
It is basically the inside design of buildings, and an interior designer designs the interior of those buildings. A building can be anything, like your home, your office, school, colleges, malls, etc. People now hire interior designers all the time to decorate or design their properties.
This line of work is growing at a rapid pace and now it has become a mainstream career path. To become an interior designer you could do many courses and study traditionally. But you could also try the non-traditional way, which is basically a distance study. There are plenty of online courses available for interior design and you could do them while staying at home, especially during this pandemic time it is probably the safest option.
Learn Interior Design from Home
You don’t always need a degree or a professional course to become a good interior designer. You can become a good interior designer by choosing the best possible online courses available for you. For that, you have to do a lot of research. There are plenty of websites available where you can get professional advice, lots of papers on interior design.
- SmartWritingService is one of the websites where you can get all the academic information like an essay, writing, services, company names, and many more.
- Apart from that, study.com offers a course titled Interior Design Basics & Principle that mainly tells you the introductory topics in interior design.
- Udemy teaches you the Intro to Interior Design along with other courses. This course is highly rated and offers you a basic understanding of interior design that will increase your technical skills which is really essential for you to design a few projects of your own. And it is really affordable too.
- You can do a lot more research on the internet, that way you can find all sorts of different articles and blogs about interior design. Some of them will show you tutorial and give you valuable insights into the profession. Like freshome.com will help you recognize and keep up with the latest trends in Design and Architecture, whereas homeconscious.com will show you numerous blogs, there you can find many new topics such as coloring ideas, house renovation, design ideas, and many more.
- Many famous universities are also providing online courses for interior design, like MIT OpenCourseWare: Principles of Design, MIT is one of the most famous colleges in the world, and if you get the opportunity to learn the basic of interior design from there then you will have a greater chance at succeeding in this profession.
- DecoratingStudio: Design Fundamentals is also one of the best online courses out there. The website doesn’t look too fancy but the content here is really good. If you are really interested in studying interior design, then this is a very good course for you.
- BetterHomes: Practical Guides, also a pretty good online course you could apply for. You can find lots of tutorials here and learn all kinds of practical stuff.
This learning process will feel really tough initially. In order to create and design few projects on your own, you must learn to use a few software and that will help you a great deal. Some of those applications are AutoCAD Design Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, etc. You could find plenty of tutorials online to learn those applications.
You also need to improve your soft skills to become a good interior designer. The way you speak and your listening skills are also very important for an interior designer because you have to listen to the client and understand their desires and then plan your design accordingly.
Get Certificate after Completion
A certificate is necessary for you to get recognized as an interior designer and also you can add this to your portfolio. Interior designers usually get hired only if they have the experience, so if you’re just starting as an interior designer, try doing some work beforehand. You can offer your expertise to your family and friends or you can work on your own house. You could do some internships to add to your portfolio, which will help you to get a real job and attract a lot of companies.
In order to get a bachelor’s degree certificate in interior design, there are lots of programs available on the internet, you could search those programs and choose what’s best for you. After the completion of your course, you will definitely get the certificate. You have to choose the course carefully though, for that, you have to read all the reviews, you could get an expert opinion before you go through the whole course.
Then again, if you don’t get hands-on experience in this field you will face tough times. So as soon as you get the certificate you start doing some work, it doesn’t matter where you do it, just do it. It’s time to use the knowledge you have gained from that online course. If you have a passion for interior design then you will succeed for sure.