When choosing the seating furniture for your living room or den, sectionals provide two design functions: maximized seating options and distinct zones. Sectionals invite more people to sit down and also create a visual barrier between functional spaces. Here are some tips on how to style a right facing sectional in your home.
The Perfect Placement for Your Sectional
Placement for your sectional often depends on the size and shape of your room. Upon entering a room, the seated side should face you. If the back of the couch is the first thing you see, the room can feel cramped and less inviting. Consider the following arrangements:
- Against the wall: Placing your sectional against the wall minimizes the amount of floor space it takes up. This arrangement is ideal for small rooms.
- Arm against the window: When the arm is next to the main window area of your room, more natural light can flow in. If you have statement windows on the right side of your space, a right facing sectional is a great choice.
- Float your sectional: If you have an open-floor concept plan, floating your sectional in the middle of the room or off-center can help you designate specific areas. You can further define the space of your sectional by adding a rug underneath.
The Furniture Pieces That Pair Well With a Right Facing Sectional
A sectional is often the focal point of a room. These design sidekicks simply help to elevate the function and form of your couch.
- Armchairs: Adding an armchair can convert the L-shape arrangement to a U-shaped seating plan that encourages more conversation and coziness.
- Ottomans: These enhance the relaxation factor of your sectional by giving everyone the opportunity to put their feet up. You can also use an ottoman as a makeshift coffee table or to create a contrasting design element for your room.
- Circular tables: Low rectangular coffee tables are usually paired with sectionals; however, if you are limited by space, circular tables bring visual interest and add functionality to your sectional.
- Throw pillows: Add personal flair with pillows. Choose contrasting colors to make a statement or monotone colors for a more modern feel. Choose different sizes and shapes. The possibilities are endless.
- Statement Art: Solidify your den’s aesthetic with a bold piece of art above your sectional.
- Rugs: Choose a rug about a foot larger than your right facing sectional to add warmth and definition to your space.
The Place To Find Your Sectional
Simply put, a right facing sectional has the power to anchor the design of your entire living space. If you want to make a statement or you need a jump-off point to plan the rest of your home, a mid-century sectional is a great choice for versatile, timeless design.
Visit Poly & Bark to find a curated collection of sectionals to uplift the aesthetic of your home today!