Cannabis is steadily gaining ground in the American legal landscape, with many potential uses and health benefits identified in the clinical studies of recent years. There’s more clinical research on the safe, non-psychoactive compound cannabidiol (CBD), but it doesn’t mean that THC, the weed’s psychoactive component, is totally excluded from the health and wellness agenda. In fact, many health conditions specifically require THC use (such as migraines, seizures, and depression).
Therefore, the discovery of a milder and less intoxicating Delta 8 THC form is a beneficial step forward in the cannabis industry. Here is a review of one of the notable products in the Delta 8 product line – Chill Extreme Delta 8 gummies. We’ll take a deeper dive into the status of Delta 8 – in terms of legality and proven clinical effects – and will familiarize you with the unique properties and benefits of these gummies for your health.
A Word on Delta 8 Gummies
CBD gummies are commonplace in the modern cannabis market, and their major benefit is in the variety of therapeutic effects on the users combined with the non-psychoactive properties of cannabidiol. But what about Delta 8 THC? It’s the cannabinoid widely known for the intoxicating high it produces on the users, so is using Delta 8 THC gummies as safe as CBD? Here are a couple of facts beginners should understand about Delta 8 consumption:
- There’s no unified FDA opinion on Delta 8. No Delta 8 product has yet been evaluated or approved by the FDA for safe consumption. Therefore, no Delta 8 merchandise can be marketed as FDA-approved; brands should inform the buyers that Delta 8 use can potentially cause intoxication, unpredictable psychoactive effects, and even poisoning.
- Delta 8 can be intoxicating. There’s a broad understanding that Delta 8 acts much milder on the user’s psyche than regular THC does. Yet, if the person is completely new to THC and consumes it for the first time, they may feel the strong intoxicating impact even with a small Delta 8 dose.
- Delta 8-containing products should be kept out of children’s and pets’ reach. While CBD is generally used in the treatment of children and pet care, Delta 8 is strictly forbidden for use among underaged consumers and pets. It’s toxic for animals and can cause irreparable damage to their health; THC use in minors is also strictly regulated and monitored by qualified medical professionals.
- Delta 8 THC can deliver much more potent pain and stress relief than CBD alone. Setting all these precautions apart, one should note that THC can indeed be recommended in specific health situations. People with chronic depression, acute pain, and seizures may benefit from THC use much more than using CBD alone; this is explained by the unique properties only THC possesses. Thus, it’s vital not to exclude THC from the list of possible therapies and to consult a qualified medical professional on its dosing and use scheduling.
- Legality of Delta 8 is ambiguous. According to recent findings, Delta 8 THC is legal on the federal level; it’s a substance with milder effects than regular THC, and there is still a legal gap in Delta 8 regulations. However, some US states have separate laws restricting the sale and use of Delta 8 in their territories. Thus, it is vital to consult the legal framework of your jurisdiction and avoid buying Delta 8 products if this substance is restricted in your location.
Chill Extreme: What Does the Product Have in Store for Users?
Chill is a Denver-based brand specializing in manufacturing cannabis-infused products for health and wellness. It has been operating since 2016 and has carved a fair niche for itself in the American cannabis and CBD market as an advocate of legalization and a flagship company in terms of quality and ingredient purity. The brand is owned by Eco Sales, LLC – a Miami-based business.
The Chill Extreme product line by the brand is known for high concentrations of CBD and Delta 8 THC, which guarantee pronounced effects that even mature users will appreciate. Specifically, the Chill Extreme Delta 8 Gummies product we’re reviewing here comes with 1,250mg of Delta 8 THC, a potent boost of relaxation and pain relief you can ever get from a pack of juicy gummies. The jar has 50 gummies of assorted flavors, with three colors and three flavors to everyone’s liking. Try each of them – blueberry, pineapple, and watermelon – and decide which one will be your favorite.
Ingredients and Active Components
Now, a few words on the ingredients you will find in these Delta 8 gummies. What we liked the most is that the producer is pretty transparent and open about the components they use in production, and a health-conscious geek can find all the details on the product’s label. The serving size is one gummy, which weighs 4.5 g, and that gummy contains 10 calories. The components of gummies are sugar, tapioca sugar, corn syrup, water, pectin, citric acid, and natural flavorings. The product’s healing properties come from the hemp-derived Delta 8 THC extract.
Effects on the User
As the cannabinoid and terpene composition of these gummies presupposes, they are expected to cause an uplifted mood and heightened sensations in the consumers. Users may also feel relaxation and tranquility caused by the intense soothing and anti-stress properties of the gummies’ active ingredients. Thus, the product is overall recommended to people suffering from stress, pain of various causes, and anxiety, as they can produce a potent calming effect and at the same time battle bad thoughts and low mood.
Side Effects and Precautions
Since Delta 8 THC is a potentially intoxicating substance, users should read all the small font on the packaging and schedule their intake of gummies in line with the safety precautions indicated there. The first point to consider is whether you’re taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs), or stimulants. In any of these cases, the use of Delta 8 is not recommended because of the high risk of interactions. Other restrictions relate to:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- People under the influence of alcohol
- Those operating heavy machinery
- Those having diagnosed or suspected health issues
- Those experiencing health problems, pressure problems, and eye pressure issues
Users are recommended not to plan to drive a vehicle after using these gummies, as they may feel the intoxicating effect of THC that impairs reaction speed and concentration. Gummies’ use together with alcohol or illicit drugs is strongly not recommended. People should conduct a preliminary test for hemp allergy before using the gummies.
Another point of the provider’s caution is the dosing. The brand recommends using only one Delta 8 gummy every six hours and avoiding overdosing with more frequent or larger doses.
Give Delta 8 Gummies a Try
As you can see, the Delta 8 gummy product by Chill Extreme is worth your attention as a potent, versatile remedy for stress, anxiety, pain, and negative thoughts. It can improve the user’s concentration and creativity, increase the acuteness of senses, and at the same time give the consumer a sense of calm and serenity that’s so hard to attain in the busy, stressful world. A note of caution is for the THC use limitations; yet, if you’re a mature consumer and have no trouble with THC use, the gummies will surely become a valuable part of your daily wellness regimen.
The author of this material is Lana Braslavska, an expert in cannabis technology and use and an avid advocate of cannabis-infused products for wellness improvements without medications. Lana works as a full-time blogger at AskGrowers to educate people about the benefits of well-selected remedies, including cannabinoids.