The warmer days of summer are coming to a close, and you can feel the cozy vibes in the air. You may have been thinking about your next place to retire but never found that perfect one. Well, here are a few places where you might want to move! These towns all have beautiful beaches and offer an inviting atmosphere with stately homes that will make you feel right at home. If retirement is on your mind, or if it isn’t, these five beach towns will be calling your name this winter!
- Hilton Head Island: Known for its golf courses and pristine white sand beaches with clear water, Hilton Head has something for everyone. The island offers many great restaurants and plenty of entertainment options for those who enjoy the nightlife. Because there are so several things to do, you can easily find something that interests you and makes it a great place for all types of people!
Moreover, the island is known for its golf courses, which are always in tip-top shape. If you’re looking to start a new pastime or if it isn’t something you like but would want to go somewhere your partner can have fun, Hilton Head has fantastic options! It is important to note that the beach is about a half-hour drive from Hilton Head, so make sure you check out our properties in and around Beaufort County.
- Longs SC: If you’re looking for something a bit quieter, Longs SC might be the place for you. It’s known as being one of the best places to retire in South Carolina because of its welcoming atmosphere and great community. There are five 5-mile stretches of hiking trails in town, as well as five more miles of marked walking routes.
Additionally, it is only an hour from Myrtle Beach, which offers up plenty of fun things to do when it comes time for vacation! Along with that, there is a 5-acre natural wetland that you can tour and take in the beauty of the area. So, if you are looking for a nice, quiet beach town, this might just be the place!
This beach town has a great beach and is known for its laid-back vibe. You can walk to the beach from your home or head down in just a few minutes with ease! The town itself offers some nice amenities such as free concerts on Thursday nights during summer months, fireworks displays twice a year, and even an annual kids fishing derby day, which you don’t want to miss out on! You can check homes for sale in Longs SC, and get a suitable deal.
- The Hamptons, New York: When it comes to beach towns, The Hamptons is probably one of the most well-known in New York. It’s a great mix between beach and city life because you can also enjoy everything Manhattan has to offer when you need it!
This area offers up four different beaches that are all less than an hour away from each other. You’ll want to check out Main Beach for its wide variety of activities such as surfing lessons, kayak rentals, and more. There are even free concerts on Wednesday nights during the summertime! If these don’t sound like your idea of fun, there are plenty more things, including shopping at various boutiques or grabbing dinner with friends. All around this place will be calling your name!
This beach town is a bit more remote from the others on this list, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t wonderful! Main Beach offers up beautiful white sand and serene views of the ocean. It’s also popular because there are plenty of events going on throughout the year, such as volleyball tournaments, summer music concerts at Sunset Park, and much more.
- Sanibel Island, Florida: Although this beach town is a bit more remote from the others on this list, it still offers plenty of beachside fun. Sanibel Island’s white sand beaches are popular for shelling and scuba diving in its calm waters! There also happen to be countless restaurants along with shopping at various boutiques or grabbing dinner with friends. All around this place will be calling your name during those long summer nights!
This retired life may have been what you’ve always wanted, so why not start making plans? These places offer everything that anyone would ever need including great food and entertainment options while living out their golden years without a care in the world. If beach towns have been on your mind, or even if they haven’t, these five beach towns will be calling your name this winter!
- San Diego: San Diego beach towns offer a more laid-back vibe with fantastic weather year-round. There are countless restaurants to choose from, and you will never be bored or hungry! This place is perfect for those who have been dreaming of the beach day in and day out because it is an easy going, relaxed atmosphere that makes your transition into retirement that much easier.
Tips to find the right properties in beach towns:
Properties have different values, so it’s important to do research before investing. Other than that, beach towns are great for beachfront properties or homes located near the beach since they usually have higher values compared to other places in town.
- Construction: It is necessary to know about the property’s construction as it is prone to hurricanes and beach erosion. You should also inquire about the beach erosion history in the area. If the location is known to be eroding, you could consider investing in beachfront homes that will be expensive to maintain. If there’s a beachfront property available at an affordable price, then it might also be the right time for you to invest!
- Proximity to water: If you’re a beach lover, then having a home close to the beach is necessary. But it is also important to know the beach you are buying the home near. If it is located in an area with no beach access, then you should look into other places that have public beaches where you can go to relax and unwind after a long day of work.
- Outdoor area: If you’re a fan of working out and staying healthy, then having an outdoor area where you can go to exercise will be important. It is also helpful if the beach town has some accessible hiking trails that are open for those who want to get their daily dose of nature as well!
- Community: A beach community with more than just one beach house could offer more opportunities for socializing and mingling with your neighbors. If you find interest in this, look into beach communities first before buying homes in other towns.
- Insurance: Finally, beach towns are known for having higher costs of living. Before making a move to your new home, check with local insurance companies and compare rates so that you can make sure it fits into your budget comfortably!
Conclusion: A beach community could be just the place for you and your family to call home. If beach life is what you’re looking for, head out today to find a beach house that will fit all of your needs!