The countertops of your kitchen hold its beauty. Choosing the right material for your kitchen countertops is one of the important things. Learn some countertop ideas here
Importance of having Countertops in kitchen
If you are a foodie and love to cook, then you are familiar with the importance of having a large countertop in your kitchen. Especially, for the chefs, they need to spend most of the time in the kitchen. Having an open surface in the kitchen helps everyone to organise the ingredients while cooking. Countertops are an important part of a kitchen.
Types of Kitchen Countertops
There are many types of kitchens starting from, L – shape to U Shape, Parallel Kitchen, Island Kitchen etc. According to shape, the countertop changes in every kitchen. L shape and U shape kitchens are more popular among other shapes of the kitchens.
Usually, farmhouses are located in rural and village areas. People, love to have a farmhouse to realize the peace of mind, amidst the hustle-bustle of daily life. Above all, we tend to busy all day, but during weekends if we can squeeze some time for our relaxation, then we must visit the farmhouses.
Now, let’s move into top 7 farmhouse kitchen countertops ideas :
As foods are the way too human hearts, Kitchens are the heart of the house. You can spice up your life with a beautiful countertop in your kitchen.
1. Countertop with Granite: Kitchen countertop with granite slab is a popular option for every household. Granite slabs are made of natural stones. People often choose for granite slabs, for its durability. Also, it is less expensive as compared to other materials. The granite slabs often come in dark colours, so there is a less chance of making the slab a dirty one.
2. Countertop with Modular Granite: These are less expensive slabs as compared to another slab category. Modular granite slabs can be fixed by the house owners itself. Its lighter in weight and its maintenance is easy. Modular granites look like the granite tiles.
Modular granite slabs offer you DIY friendly kits. It is good, that you can have a kitchen of your own choice with modular granites. Though the material is thin but adored by many people in their kitchen.
3. Countertop with Lamination: Laminated countertops are made of different layers of plastics. People, always yearn for steel, stone and wooden countertops, but they are costly as compared to laminated countertops.
Laminated slabs can be fixed easily, without taking the help of any professional mechanic. It has a wide range of variety in colours and textures. Lamination of your countertop can be a good option to save cost.
The laminated countertops get scratched easily, you need to be a little careful in that. You should not place the hot items directly, after switching off the gas burner.
4. Countertop with wood: Wooden finish things are always an attraction for many. If you love different patterns, then you can go for wooden countertops. The wood is a natural material and its available easily. You can cut the wood, as per the shape you want for your kitchen. Also, it is easy to repair but the maintenance part is tough.
Wooden slabs will add natural beauty to your kitchen but, they are not a waterproof material. So, you need to be very careful while having a wooden countertop.
Maple tree woods are best to use for kitchen countertops. Maple butcher block countertops can be formed as per your customisation.
5. Countertop with Steel: Steel is used in all the kitchens of professional chefs. Stainless Steel countertops are a popular choice among many households as they resist stains, water, heat and everything. The cost of stainless steel is a bit expensive.
In steel countertops, you get dents and scratches easily. The steel countertops are mostly used in professional kitchens, as in restaurants.
6. Countertop with Marble: Marble is costly, but it will give a beautiful finishing to your kitchen. They are gorgeous enough if you love to see the beauty in everything. Marbles are made from natural materials, but the weight is too heavy. The durability of marble countertops is low. You recognize scratches and scuff in marbles easily as compared to granite.
7. Countertop with Quartz: They are machine and men made materials, but they are one of the most popular material nowadays. Quartz is materials with long durability. As it is an engineered stone concept, it lacks safety. Heat and sunlight can damage the quartz countertop.
Those are farmhouse kitchen countertops ideas, that will help you choose the most convenient material for your kitchen. Also, Food is a big motivator during weekends in the kitchen. In weekdays, we can not manage much time to cook all the things we love to eat, but during weekends, we can have the recipes of our choices. Imagine your favourite dish, you are supposed to cook in the following weekend, that too in your farmhouse!