When we first think about the basement then pictures that come to our mind are that a place with no lights or some lights or a small lights lot of water pipes running here and their rats and an old laundry machine. This image of the basement is because this is what we have generally seen in horror movies.
But a basement can be the most creative space in your house if they are properly designed. A walkout basement is one of the best design for the basement.
What is a Walkout Basement?
A walkout basement is a basement that directly connects to the outside area, one can easily come in and out of the basement without crossing the main door of the house.
A walkout basement always has the following advantage over the other types of basements:
• They have full-sized windows
• They can be used as a traditional basement
• They offer a huge amount of sunlight
• They are warmer
• They have multiple uses like garage, store for lawn machine, etc.
• It can act as a separate entrance to the house.
Some pros and cons of the walkout basement
• Added space – it adds useful space in our home. As this has a separate entrance, hence it can have many applications like an extra bedroom, living room or area, or even a mother-in-law suite. If you want to earn some extra income, then you can rent this portion.
• Additional Lighting- As the walkout basement offers large windows options that can allow a huge amount of the natural lights to come in as compared to the traditional basement which is usually dark.
• Costs- The major disadvantage of the walkout basement is that it involves a huge amount of investment in the land.
• Property Tax – It can increase your property tax which can be expensive in the long run.
• Construction Constraint- This basement can be created on land/plot with slopes hence, they can only be covered in hilly areas. If you want them in planes, then it may be a bit costly.
Is walkout Basement a strong?
No walkout basement is not actually considered as the strong According to the definition of the story, anything that is above the ground is considered as the strong Thus, a walkout basement will only increase the square foot space of your home in terms of real states.
Is it difficult to add a walkout basement to your home?
The answer to this question is yes. As one has to consider a lot of things to add a walkout basement to your existing home.
If you already had a basement then the best possible solution is to dig the area and made a set of staircase around it.
Walkout Basement Ideas
• Walkout Basement Patios – The walkout basement can be used as a patio that can be reached only by the staircase which would look like some hidden way one can enjoy the summer night or the winter afternoons.
1. Carrum homes
2. Pinnacle mountains
3. Cottage patio
4. Outside movie
• Landscaping Ideas – Some of the most popular landscaping ideas for the walkout basement are
1. Stamped concrete patio
2. Tiered Staircase
3. Natural stone hardscaping
4. Play area for the Kids
Some additional walkout Basement ideas
• It can be converted into a dynamic room
• I can be turned into the open-air theatre
Some other Reasons to create Walkout Basements
1. Emergency Escape Options – As the walkout basement provides an extra entrance to your home thus it can be used as an emergency exit.
2. Brighter Living Space – With the options of huge windows the walkout basement provides a space that allows you to have plenty of sunlight.
3. Privacy and ease to access – As there is a separate door, then if you ever thought for a rent your basement for any office or individual, then your privacy will not be hampered and sometime it will be ease for your tents also. Even the technicians can also access your utilities directly from the walkout basement door.
4. Increased Home Value – The walkout basement increases the floor area of the house, which can increase the home value when you are about to sell the house.
The walkout basement is best suitable for a house that has a slope. After going through all pros and cons of the walkout basement it is ones call that whether he or she wants this basement or not.
Walkout basement adds value to your house as it looks very appealing.