When you’re trying to redecorate your bedroom, it’s most important you’re able to come up with a plan that you want to execute. Elegant bedroom ideas that resonate with your personal style while still looking modern and current can be hard to come by.
Your bedroom should be a space that allows you to unplug and recharge for the day. Trendy rooms can look great while still staying functional and cozy. Choosing between good-looking bedroom furniture and cozy comfort doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive.
Whether it’s picking between two different mattress sizes, or making a choice between the type of decor that’s well-suited for trendy rooms, here are some of our top recommendations for a bedroom that you’re going to find extra comfy:
Picking Out Your Bedroom Colors Carefully
When you’re on the lookout for elegant bedroom ideas, you’ll want to pick the color scheme of your space first. Your color scheme can dictate the way you pick the rest of your bedroom furniture, which is why it’s one of the most important steps to the planning process.
Depending on your preference, bedroom colors can be calming, colorful, and even help contribute to a good night’s sleep. When you’re trying to pick between a monochrome color scheme or something that utilizes a little more color, try to pick colors that are naturally soothing to you.
Muted tones of your favorite colors, neutral tones, or different shades of white can all make for elegant bedroom ideas. If you’re someone who prefers something brighter, try to make sure to keep it to a limited area of your space, since they’re more likely to disrupt your sleep cycle.
Use Bedroom Furniture That Is Equal Parts Form & Function
When investing in bedroom furniture that genuinely works for your space, it’s important to think about form and function equally. A large, showy bed frame might look wonderful if you have the space for it, but if you do have a smaller bedroom, it might not make sense to invest in a bed frame that doesn’t come with some storage functionality.
Mattress sizes are another often overlooked part of the bedroom decor process. It’s often thought that when it comes to mattress sizes, bigger is always better, but that isn’t necessarily true. To be sure you’re picking out bedroom sizes that work for your space, one of the key things to account for is how much room you’re working with.
When it comes to the right mattress sizes for your space, sleep experts usually recommend accounting for two feet of space around your bed. This is going to give you the illusion of a space that feels more naturally open and inviting, even if the bedroom is naturally smaller.
To pick a mattress size that makes sense in your space, you can follow this simple guide:
- King Mattress Size: Typically used for couples or families, or heavier sleepers. Comes in at 76”x80”
- Queen Mattress Size: Typically used for couples with smaller sized rooms, or for those who want to create more space in their bedroom. Comes in at 60”x80”
- Full Mattress Size: Perfect for guest bedrooms, or couples with very little space to work with. Comes in at 54” x 75”
- Twin Mattress Size: Looking for elegant bedroom ideas that still work for kids? Start with a twin-size mattress. Comes in at 38”x75”
Invest In Bedding That’s Worth It
It can be tempting to skimp out on expensive bedding, but the truth is high-quality bedding can make all the difference when it comes to a good night’s sleep. Working out how you’re going to find a bedroom that works for your budget while remaining cozy enough for a good night’s sleep?
Elegant bedroom ideas can also incorporate eco-friendly materials, such as bamboo, for bedding that’s cozy, high-quality, and comes at an affordable cost. Bedding that’s higher quality will last you naturally longer periods of time, so be sure to factor in things like thread-count, materials used, and even color to guarantee you’re investing in something you’re going to love for a long time to come.
Yet another thing that elegant bedroom ideas focus on in relation to bedding are layers. Layers of bedding can range from a simple duvet and bed sheet combo to more complex layers involving weighted blankets, and decorative throw pillows, the important thing to keep in mind is you have a lot to choose from when doing up your space.
Using Bedroom Lighting To Create Comfort
One final element of bedroom decor that’s worth considering when you’re decorating your space is your lighting. Finding the right kind of bedroom lighting can make the difference between a bedroom that looks and feels great, to one that seems small and cold. The key is to take different kinds of lighting into special consideration, especially when you’re trying to think of elegant bedroom ideas.
There are three main kinds of bedroom lights, including –
- Ambient light – this is the type of lighting that is perfect for a hint of mood lighting. Stick to warmer toned lights for your ambient light so that you’re able to create a sense of calm in your space.
- Accent light – this type of lighting is more concentrated than ambient light and is usually used to highlight a specific part of the room, which can be handy if you have a centerpiece you’d like the attention on
- Task lighting – if you’re brainstorming elegant bedroom ideas, it might be worth considering having a corner of your bedroom that’s also an office. Task lighting can be useful here since you’ll need something stronger that your brain knows to associate with work.
Whether it’s finding the right mattress size for your space or keeping your lighting nice and layered, elegant bedroom ideas can really transform your attitude towards rest and wellbeing. With the right plan in mind, you really can’t go wrong with prioritizing your comfort. A good night’s sleep has never looked this good.